Just had a bit of a strange issue connecting a 3G Mikrotik router to Telstra in Australia. Error when trying to do a PPP scan on 3G card: Couldn’t Start: Unable to acquire port! (6)
Resolution is to do the following in Winbox:
1. In Interfaces, disable the PPPout interface
2. Open a command shell (New Terminal) and enter the following command:
/port firmware set ignore-directip-modem=yes
3. Power-cycle the router.
4. When the device boots, go to Interfaces and select the PPPout interface. Check the following settings: Data channel = 4, info channel = 3
5. Now try to assign a port to the PPPout interface.
6. Click the Info button to check the status of the 3G connection.